Friday 15 August 2014

A little diversion

I have recently been looking into Victorian/Edwardian/Steampunk figures and fancy adding a few to my collection. There are so many to choose from, depending on what you include in the genre. I guess one way to approach it would be to decide on a game system and then buy the figures to fit. That's certainly very logical and probably what most people do. I often buy figures on a whim and fit them into a game later, and that's just what I intend to do with these little beauties.

These are from the new Malifaux plastic range, the Oiran from the Ten Thunders faction (I think). I will probably just use them to build some kind of oriental faction or gang for any one of a number of games I have been considering. I might even use them in Malifaux games, who knows!

The sculpts are very, very finely detailed, probably the smallest pieces I have ever built. I needed tweezers to assemble some of the bits. Mould lines were few and easy to scrape off with a knife. Assembly was good, all the bits fit snugly and with little need for filling gaps. I have based them on two pence coins, topped with plastic cobbles sheet.

To paint them I have ordered some fine detail brushes from ebay. I use a number 2 or number 4 brush for most of my work, swapping to a number 1 for eyes, fine lines and the like. For these figures I have ordered a 0 as well as two new 1 and 2. If I could order new eyes I would, or maybe some ocular enhancing machinery would be appropriate. Still, I am looking forward to painting them and maybe developing a faction or two. Small acorns and all that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...