Wednesday 29 July 2015

Chaos Ogres....finally!

Finally in two senses. Firstly, it's been about six weeks since I painted anything, my hobby enthusiasm seems to have evaporated like the English summer. As the end of the month approached and I realised it could be another barren one, I fell back on the old trick of picking something nearly finished and giving it the last couple of hours it needed to be completed. And finally in the sense that I added these to my painting list in 2011. Yes, finally four years later!

These ogres were built around the same time as the ogres with additional hand weapons. I started all seven together but never quite got round to the last three, they were 90% finished for so long. I think the plastic intruder I was never happy with and thought I might pick up a replacement at some point.

It was quite interesting to return to models I had painted four and a half years ago. While my techniques seem to be the same year after year, I was surprised at how basic the painting was and how much differently I would approach these figures if I started them again now. I guess four years is a long time and I have learnt a few little tricks in that time.

Painting the ogres has given me a taste for the chaos army once more. I have another almost-finished piece to tackle and have also succumbed to temptation, with more Khorne worshippers on the way. You don't have to possess the cunning insight of a Tzeentchian sorceror to guess what they are. Blood for the Blood God, do we still say that?

3 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

Absolutely splendid.

Matt Crump said...

Nice I think I remember their ogre friends.....

Nord said...

Thanks guys. They played their first game tonight and, as is traditional, got absolutely hammered. Hopefully first-game-syndrome is now over with and they can go on to pulverise their foes.........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...